[Paparazzi-devel] Fwd: auto pilot

From: Andrew Alford
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Fwd: auto pilot
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 20:00:41 -0500

Developers:

David from Sales suggested I ask y'all about my question.  I searched the threads and found nmea 0183 articles, but nothing on nmea 2000.

I am looking to hook up one of your units to a marine nmea gps system to drive a linear servo motor for steering.  The gps system is a lowrance hds-5 nmea 2000 with sonar/fish finder, and structure scan.  The nmea is also set up on my marine radio to tx/rx positions.  Your recommendation will go into a boat.  While I recognize this was never the intent of these devices, what I'm thinking is just an upscale version drawing more current.  What would you recommend?