Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi autopilot communication with an airborne

From: Gayan Gamage
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi autopilot communication with an airborne PC
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 12:55:57 -0330

Thanks Antoine for the lengthy explanation.  The SAS system is for a fixed wing platform (4Hz is initially enough for proof of concept) and I would not worry about going on low level control than the navigational commands initially. Out of all the suggestions the SPI communication with the PC seems to be a better choice since the SPI of our Tiny board is not used for anything now.

I will look for some SPI/USB converters. Chris suggested using the ivy bus on an airborne PC to communicate through the real datalink (serial port) and use a wireless modem connected to the airborne PC (tiny gets data link messages via ivy bus again): that seems to be a good choice too.

Gayan Gamage