Re: [Paparazzi-devel] HMC5843 magnetometer (Hector Garcia de Marina)

From: Hector Garcia de Marina
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] HMC5843 magnetometer (Hector Garcia de Marina)
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 14:30:03 +0100

Hello all,

If you are using this module http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9371 , you have to know that the pump capacitor is not the best for this magnetometer. You need a really low ESR capacitor (polymer capacitor), check out the magnetometer datasheet.

I have the same issues but only at low ambient temperatures (around 5ºC).