Re: [Paparazzi-devel] question about paparazzi on sounding rocket

From: Chris Gough
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] question about paparazzi on sounding rocket
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 09:47:41 +1100

Hi Florin,

Do you have an IMU up to the task? I recon a rocket would shake pretty
hard (perhaps thermopiles might be easier, although the second sun on
your tail might create it's own issues).

Do you have a GPS that functions at Mach 2? that firmware is usually
only available for military, lots of paperwork/time required to get
one for research.

Those are the two biggest technical obstacles I can see. Not
limitations on paparazzi, you will face them with any autopilot. Also,
if you are making something that walks and talks like a ballistic
missile, you will have some pretty fierce regulatory compliance
issues.

Chris Gough