Re: [Paparazzi-devel] question about paparazzi on sounding rocket

From: Florin Mingireanu
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] question about paparazzi on sounding rocket
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 15:27:38 +0200

Does this imply that UAVdevboard and Ardupilot Mega are also under MTCR/ITAR or there is something special to paparazzi that places it under MTCR/ITAR?

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Chris Gough <address@hidden> wrote:
> The best thing about open source software an hardware (at lease with GPL) is
> that it is outside of MTCR and ITAR restrictions.

I have formal advice contradicting this from the Australian Defence
Department (Defence Export Control Office).

Their technical assessment found that paparazzi autopilot hardware is
a "dual-use good" under MTCR. It took me ~9 months and >20 submissions
to get a license to export it.

Don't piss them off, they have a big stick.

Chris Gough

.