Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Gumstix wants to provide a Paparazzi/Overo Platfor

From: Bernard Davison
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Gumstix wants to provide a Paparazzi/Overo Platform
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 09:22:32 +1100

I'd like to see the following.

* CAN bus connection (At least 1, more is better)
* Mounting holes with a maximum separation of <100mm. Having the mounting holes on the corners of the board make the distance too great and the board is more likely to break and flex and kill the board
* Molex PicoBlade (or Micro-Fit) connectors. Friction fit (PicoBlade) is okay but positive locking connectors are really what it required. (Even the power connector)
* The battery backup to be a solid connection. i.e. the battery can't be replaced/fall out with vibrations..

I don't know that I'd buy one straight away but the price is tempting.

Cheers,
Bernie.