[Paparazzi-devel] FlightGear Running on Host While Paparazzi in VMWare

From: Chris Wozny
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] FlightGear Running on Host While Paparazzi in VMWare
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 18:50:40 -0700

All,

I've got two questions:

1. Has anyone ever run Paparazzi/JSBSIM on Linux inside of a Virtual Machine and then forwarded data via the -fg flag to their host OS' IP address which is running FlightGear? My VM doesn't have hardware accelerated graphics so FlightGear runs like trash in it.

2. Can JSBSIM handle aircraft models as small as 6" wingspan? I made an aircraft model via Aeromatic and it started to give me a few NaN errors and then exited. I read on the JSBSIM site that this will happen when sufficiently small numbers are used. Any chance anyone has a small fixed-wing JSBSIM model available for reference? Malolo and Corsica are just far too large and I'm not sure how I should fake two contrarotating brushless DC motors.

Best,
Chris

--
Chris Wozny