Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Issue with Body_to_Imu and DCM

From: Loic Drumettaz
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Issue with Body_to_Imu and DCM
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 11:12:15 +0100

Felix,

Thank you for updating the wiki. I had a strange behaviour using the int_cmpl_quat: there was some delay in the thrust command when reducing throttle. So I went back to int_cmpl_euler but I think i need to do more testing with int_cmpl_quat.
Maybe this problem was related to the level of vibration I had before balancing motoprops...
About the running frequency of the algorithms: is it possible to make sure that the calculation is not too long compared to the sample time? Is it possible that the MCU gets overloaded?

Thanks
Loïc

Hi Loic,

ah, no... int_cmpl_euler actually doesn't. I totally forgot about that old one.
I updated http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Subsystem/ahrs a bit to reflect this.
IMHO there is no reason to still use that one anyway.

The "default" ahrs should be int_cmpl_quat. It only has advantages over int_cmpl_euler.

The frequency is not determined by the algorithms themselves, it just depends how often you call them...
But in practice, yes.. all ahrs algorithms are run at 512Hz in rotorcraft (unless you change that default).

Cheers, Felix