[Paparazzi-devel] ESC Startup

From: Neil MacMunn
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] ESC Startup
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 11:24:08 -0800

Hi Guys,

Some of you may have heard that Gumstix is developing a UAV board
based on Lisa/L and RoboVero. The rumours are true!

First of all, thanks to everyone who has offered input so far. I have
a couple more questions - hopefully this is the right forum.

 * It seems like the Lisa/L makes use of several LDOs - should we
beware of SMPS in UAV applications?
 * I'm told that ESCs need to have a PWM signal when power is applied
for calibration. How can this be achieved if the control electronics
are powered by the ESCs?

Thanks in advance. Will keep you posted on our progress.

-
Neil
@gumstix