[Paparazzi-devel] Proper use of BARO_SENS

From: Loic Drumettaz
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Proper use of BARO_SENS
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 11:53:03 +0100

Hello,

BARO_SENS is the barometer sensitivity and is used in the airframe configuration file to calculate the altitude from the pressure measurement.
What is the proper way to tune it? Do we want the baro_alt variation match to the altitude variation? If I tune my BARO_SENS this way and I end up with BARO_SENS=23. I'm using a LISA M board V1.
I have checked various airframe configuration files and none of them contain a BARO_SENS higher than 16. So I wonder if i missed something: is it necessary to reduce BARO_SENS in order to reduce the barometer impact in altitude measurement, and give more weight to the accelerometers in sensors fusion?

Regards
Loïc