Re: [Paparazzi-devel] STM-I2C with Aspirin v1.5 Fixed

From: Simon Wilks
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] STM-I2C with Aspirin v1.5 Fixed
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 15:33:58 +0100

Excellent!!! One step closer :)

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 11:20 AM, Christophe De Wagter <address@hidden> wrote:
The issue of "rubbish" gyro data with stm-i2c new driver with aspirin gyro's was found.

The reason is the new driver changes the transaction type from TxRx to Rx after the Tx is finished. As the aspirin driver does not reset the type each time, you end up doing Rx instead of TxRx. This means we are reading all registers in a loop, which obviously gives weird results.

This is a potential hassard for other drivers that would re-use the same transaction several times and use TxRx but do not reset it each time. (HMC works did that well, and was therefor working)

A fix was pushed to paparazzi/stm_i2c : https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/commit/bf2b29a82be3ba7fa642b2fdf7409d878ce3b4d2

--
-Christophe