Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ST-Link_V2

From: Jake Stewart
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ST-Link_V2
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 11:57:59 -0400

The JTAG uses the same processor pins as the SWD (st-link).  The ST-Link V2
will run directly with OOCD, so it will probably work without any trouble.  You
might have to mess with some OOCD configuration settings though.

I have a V1 st-link and the information out there is a bit confusing on how to
get it working.  Most of the solutions I've seen require various amounts of
recompiling and/or using custom OOCD versions.  It's more work than I'm looking
to do, so my solution is to run a GDB server in windows.  I'm still hoping
someone can give me a little more info on getting paparazzi to use that setup,
but I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually.

>From the F103 manual...
"The JTAG TMS and TCK pins are shared with SWDIO and SWCLK, respectively"

So you should just have to plug SWDIO -> TMS and SWCLK -> TCK.

-Jake