[Paparazzi-devel] Lisa/M for Bare Bone Attitude Stabilization Only

From: Chris Wozny
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Lisa/M for Bare Bone Attitude Stabilization Only
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 13:09:00 -0700

All,

We've got an aircraft that needs to be used solely indoors (no GPS
fix) and have to minimize weight. I was wondering if it's possible to
use Lisa/M solely for attitude stabilization without the need for a
datalink. The only things that will be on the aircraft are contra
rotating motor, ESC, three servos, Lisa/M, and the batteries. We would
like to essentially drop Lisa/M with Aspirin into our airframe as a
replacement for 3 single-axis analog gyros used for stabilization
(10.8 grams and 30 mA draw versus 20.4 grams and 45 mA draw). There
are also obvious benefits to using the Aspirin IMU for stabilization
instead of just gyro stabilization. This would mean we wouldn't need
the TELEMETRY, FLIGHTPLAN, GPS, or NAVIGATION subsystems. Could I just
leave my airframe configuration as is (it currently is set up to fly a
fixed wing outdoors in AUTO2) or could/should I remove any of these
subsystems?

Best,
Chris