[Paparazzi-devel] Lisa/M 2.0 and Aspirin 2.1 available in the Quadshot s

From: Piotr Esden-Tempski
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Lisa/M 2.0 and Aspirin 2.1 available in the Quadshot store
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 15:05:45 -0700

Hi everyone,

As you may know we were working very hard the last few months developing the
next version of Lisa/M and Aspirin.

Finally both are back from the production and you are able to obtain both
separately or together in the Quadshot store (http://thequadshot.com)

The support for Lisa/M 2.0 as well as Aspirin 2.1 are in the dev branch of
paparazzi.

Two biggest improvements are:
- Aspirin 2.1 uses MPU-6000 over SPI and the magnetometer is connected to its
slave i2c interface. This improves robustness and time alignment of the sensor
sampling.
- On Lisa/M 2.0 you can use USB and the TX line to the GPS simultaneously
- Lisa/M 2.0 comes with luftboot boot loader preloaded. (Support in paparazzi
libocm3 branch will be added in the next couple of days)

The hardware should still be considered for developers only. We continue
working hard on testing and improving the drivers but several people were
already flying this hardware on fixed wings and multicopters. (Thanks Erik and
Christophe)

Cheers Piotr Esden-Tempski

--
Transition Robotics Inc.