[Paparazzi-devel] aircraft path offset

From: Michel MITCHELL
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] aircraft path offset
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 18:21:47 +0200

Hello Paparazzi team,

I have done successul flights in AUTO2 (Lisa/M and Easy Glider), but things can be improved.

The aircraft is always slightly offtrack with the predicted path (about a 10 meters offset, always on the left).
Below here is a screenshot  from a real flight, when doing circles.

- Circle is 50m radius, and roll max is set to 35 degrees in the aircraft config file.
- If I ask to invert the circle (-radius), I can clearly see that the aircraft is able to make sharper turns, so I don't think the system  is saturated on the roll axis.
- Aircraft flies straight in AUTO1, straight in AUTO2 when doing lines (so I presume ROLL_NEUTRAL_DEFAULT is ok)

Do you have any idea of this problem ? Where can I look at in order to improve things ?

Regards,
Mitchell

Images intégrées 1