Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Camera Target Coordinates

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Camera Target Coordinates
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 18:58:14 +0200

Hi Luke,

the downlink of the coordinates of where the cam is looking at was added by Chris Efstathiou. So I'm hoping he can provide some details here...
By skimming over the code it looks like you need to have SHOW_CAM_COORDINATES defined and add the CAM_POINT message to your telemetry file.
But sadly I don't know of any feature to directly show that point in the GCS...

The whole camera control (pan, tilt, directions, coordinates you are looking at, etc..) could use some serious love in terms of refactoring and documentation on the wiki.
Would be great if you (or anyone for that matter) could work on this (hopefully together with Chris)..
While I haven't used that, it seems to me that camera control and display it is also lacking some features (and proper documentation of course!), like definition of the field of view to display in the GCS, showing of the coordinates (assuming a flat ground surface) and direction the camera is looking. What is already there is probably of limited use if it is not properly shown in the GCS or documented how to make it available to other tools...

Cheers, Felix