Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Rotorcraft stabilization

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Rotorcraft stabilization
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 01:14:29 +0200

Hi Eduardo,

Well,
i am using int_cmpl_euler and PFD (attitude ) work correct.
When i change to int_cmpl_quat the attitude and PFD work completly wrong.

what exactly is wrong? If you did not define AHRS_MAG_UPDATE_YAW_ONLY, the mag will be used to update all axes and a wrong mag calibration will mess up the whole attitude (unless you are using dev or 4.0_beta). You need to calibrate your mag correctly once. Set the local magnetic field and if you then go to a different location you only need to update that.

int_cmpl_euler only ever updates yaw, but int_cmpl_quat is the recommended ahrs algorithm.

Felix, when i using int_cmpl_euler and tilt the quad the psi stay in the same angle so the calibration are correct.
I re-check the imu calibration and it are OK.
I use the sabe board with same calibration on my plane and it fly good.
About branch, i tested with master and dev and the problem is the same.

I don't know what is causing your problems, but the accelerometer measurements do not affect yaw angle (as this is unobservable).
Without more data it is just guesswork...

yesterday i downloaded the code again in my notebook but when i try to compile tons of erros occour.
Some files are missing. (airframe, telemetry and settings)

In dev and 4.0_beta use default_rotorcraft.xml as telemetry file (formerly called telemetry_booz2.xml). The settings file is currently still telemetry_booz2.xml
Using these you should be fine. Otherwise please post the errors you get.

Cheers, Felix