Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Failsafe

From: Christophe De Wagter
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Failsafe
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 08:52:20 +0200

There should be a simple solution, although I never tried it myself:

The radio xml has defines for minimal pulse and maximal pulse, nr of pulses, repeat time etc... If your input is beyond these values, the signal is rejected: Lost

So if you put a minimum of 1.00 millisecond and you are sure in normal conditions your pulses are always from 1.1ms to 1.9ms, except during failsafe where the throttle pulse becomes 0.8ms... then you should have what you want.

Be a bit careful that if later you would inadvertently add a dual-rate with 125% on your transmitter and turn hard other pulses might also become very small and then the whole pulse train would be detected as BAD.

-Christophe