Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Using Thermopiles for AHRS on Lisa/M instead of IM

From: Chris Wozny
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Using Thermopiles for AHRS on Lisa/M instead of IMU
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 13:35:07 -0700

Christophe,

Something you said made me curious. Is it possible to use the Aspirin
IMU solely for gyro stabilization if thermopiles are being used for
attitude estimation? I know we've used 3-axis gyros in the past with
Tiny v0.99 for roll/pitch/yaw dampening while using IR, but I don't
know if this is any different since the gyros are on the Aspirin IMU.

Best,
Chris