Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Using Thermopiles for AHRS on Lisa/M instead of IM

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Using Thermopiles for AHRS on Lisa/M instead of IMU
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 22:46:00 +0200

Hi Chris,

something similar is currently implemented... If you use ahrs type="infrared" and have analog gyros defined then you get something like that (without gyro bias estimation).
You could pimp sw/airborne/subsystems/ahrs/ahrs_infrared.c to do that...

To use it with aspirin (and without gyro bias estimation) you would only have to remove the #ifdef ADC_CHANNEL_GYRO_P, etc.
But we would have to replace that with a nicer way of which gyros are available (if you don't have an IMU with full 3-axis gyros, but just separate ones, maybe only roll, like in the old days...)

You could also estimate the gyro bias using the infrared sensors as absolute reference... you could even combine it with accels and use IR if they are too bad and vice versa.
I just didn't think it was worth the effort as you are not likely to use both...

Cheers, Felix