Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Yaw Stabilization in AUTO1/2

From: Christophe De Wagter
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Yaw Stabilization in AUTO1/2
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 11:21:57 +0200

Some people have used filtered lateral acceleration or a sideslip sensor to improve the coordination of turns.

Several use rudder mixed in the servo rules just as a percentage of the roll command (use full for gliders to cope with significant adverse yaw)

But be careful as to much rudder is often worse than too little as slow turns with little roll but a lot of rudder lead to spins. This is probably why most do not use the rudder.