Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Spektrum Receiver

From: Tilman Baumann
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Spektrum Receiver
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 10:20:10 +0100

On 28/04/12 12:03, Felix Ruess wrote:
Hi Tilman,

As Eric said its not bound. And you only need to bind once.

Thank you and ERic. I have to admit, I was just stupid. I actually forgot how to bind.
When I did it correctly, it worked like a charm.
The RADIO_CONTROL_LED is done in the generic part of radio_control, it is on when RC is ok, otherwise off.
Hm, the LED on the satellites react directly to the transmitter status. But the LED on the board does not even blink once.
Regarding the RC debug messages: the default_fixedwing_x have it, but in the FBW (FlyByWire) process. So you can just switch Fbw from default to debug in the settings/telemetry tab.

Thanks. I will check those later. I had so many telemetry problems yesterday that I probably have to fix that first.
The XBees often don't seem to sync. The aircraft sender has a wildly blinking TX led, but the ground station just shuts off. No RSSI LED.
Resetting helps, sometimes... It's totally weird. Looks like the ground station radio kind of gives up to connect and stays dormant until it is being reset.

I will have to go through those xbee settings again. Grumpf, don't even know where to get a windows PC from... Wine did not work last time.

Cheers, Felix