[Paparazzi-devel] Problem with GPS

From: GURUGANESH R
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Problem with GPS
Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 18:32:56 +0530

Hi all,
   I have TWOG autopilot with ArduIMU integrated on to it. But now I have some issue with the GPS configuration setting. Though I have the correct GPS LEA 5H, Iam unable to read GPS from the paparazzi center. I configured the GPS through Ublox center as follows,
1)   "protocol in" I made to 0+1 UBX+NMEA,
2)"protocol out" also I made to 0+1 UBX+NMEA and
3) I have set the baud arte as 38400.
4) Saved the configuration on to a file and flashed it back to GPS, it says successful.
5) Same thing I have edited in my configuration file.

The problem is My GPS is sending NMEA protocol, but i believe paparazzi understands UBX protocol. Is there any way out to change the protocol configuration in the GPS, Is it still possible to use GPS in the NMEA format and initialize the GPS from the autopilot to receive data in UBX format. Can anybody send me the configuration file "LEA-5H (For Use w/ Firmware V5 ONLY!)". I tried to download it says "The requested URL /wiki_images/Tiny_LEA-5H-v5.zip was not found on this server".

 I request People to help me out in this regard. This is the only hindrance for us to fly our aircraft. Rest all are ready with us.

Thanks and Regards
Guruganesh R