Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Servo outputs are different from PPM input measure

From: Tilman Baumann
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Servo outputs are different from PPM input measurements
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 13:58:27 +0100

On 10/05/12 12:19, C. Y. Chen wrote:
hi,

im using Lisa/M 2.0, when i install Lisa/M to my aircraft, i found
that the travel of servos significantly smaller than that i just
directly connect servos to receiver.

I suppose you can just increase the min/max settings in your servo section. But that does not explain why they don't match up.

Talking of. Is there a nice way of calibrating the servo capabiities? I would like to somehow set the servo deflection from the ground station software for each servo manually to find the maximal practical timings for each servo. I suppose there is no harm in defining the min/max levels to something short of the servos or the physical airframe limitations? A regular RC pilot would never give that much throw on his controls. But a paparazzi should be able to utilize that just fine, right?