Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Auto Pitch

From: Reto Büttner
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Auto Pitch
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 21:24:46 +0200

Hi Gautier

Thanks for your explanations. When I configure my flight plan as follows:

<block group="home" key="F8" name="Figure 8 Auto Pitch"
strip_button="Figure 8 Auto Pitch" strip_icon="eight.png">
  <eight center="1" radius="nav_radius" turn_around="2" pitch="auto"
throttle="0.75"/>
</block>

I get the error when building:

Unexpected attribute : 'PITCH'
make: *** [ap.ac_h] Error 1

When I read the code in fp_proc.ml I assume the figure eight does not
expect a pitch or throttle attribute. This is my interpretation not
really knowing OCaml.

Where do I need to set the pitch attribute for the figure eight
navigation pattern?

To fly the nav_line navigation pattern in auto pitch mode, how would I
need to change the indicated lines (nav_line.c:81):

NavVerticalAutoThrottleMode(0); /* No pitch */
NavVerticalAltitudeMode(WaypointAlt(l1), 0.);

Best regards,
Reto