Re: [Paparazzi-devel] paparazzi user edition?

From: Gareth Roberts
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] paparazzi user edition?
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 16:46:31 +0100

Would it be worth adding some descriptions to the xml files currently in the repo?
For example:

  <description>
        <model name="Mini Swift" manufacturer="HobbyKing" type="fixed-wing" />
<image src="http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/catalog/Mini-Swift.jpg"; />
        <author name="Dr Jones" email="address@hidden" />
        <notes>
        <![CDATA[
Made with EPO, this small glider is both agile and very resliant to crashes.
        ]]>
        </notes>
  </description>

This could be enforced in the DTD, and a seperate conf file git repo parsed out by a simple API server in the future to provide a wizard... Choose airframe -> Choose autopilot -> Choose IR/IMU sensor -> Choose radio -> Choose telemetry
and you get a 90% there xml.

A major problem I forsee is the current coupling between airframe (servo/gains etc) data & autopilot data in the airframe file.
Perhaps a seperate autopilot.xml would be required.

Cheers,
Gareth