Re: [Paparazzi-devel] HTIL

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] HTIL
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 00:19:16 +0200

Hi,

Seems HITL hasn't been used in a long time... and doesn't work anymore.
I never used it since I've never used IR sensors on my own projects...

Does anyone want to work on HITL (for IR sensors)? Or should we drop it completely?

Personally I'm not a big fan of HITL, since to to a proper HITL simulation you really need to simulate the actual sensor devices on the hardware level, etc...
Otherwise you basically get the same as in SITL, since all the actual hardware dependent code that actually matters most doesn't run in HITL anyway...

Cheers, Felix