[Paparazzi-devel] Magnetic deviation

From: Tilman Baumann
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Magnetic deviation
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 10:38:56 +0100

I just had a braindead idea.
Wouldn't it be cool to have the ground station feed the current magentic deviation for the current location to the aircraft? Or at least have some manual script that could do that based on the current location. Because I find the whole process very weird, not terribly well documented and error prone.

This would be a computer readable response
http://www.geomag.bgs.ac.uk/wmm/compute?latitude=51.414&longitude=-1.055&altitude=0&date=2012-06-18
(Not sure if licensing would permit us to use it like that. But I guess that is no problem if we don't do it automatically all the time)

Just my £0.02