Re: [Paparazzi-devel] RTK DGPS

From: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Warmers
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] RTK DGPS
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2012 15:19:30 +0200

Dear Chris,
the project don't  work with  GPS carrier phase.
It works with a lot of  Kalman filtering of the rover (moving part) and the fixed part. pseudo  ranges and clock errors.
The typical error was in the 50cm range wiht the old ublox sam-ls modules.
The  fusion with IMU sensors information's will get a better solution even for normal wing configurations and abrupt flight manoeuvres.
This kind of work was done by Dr. Winkler Dissertation „Multi-sensor Data Fusion for Integrated Navigation Systems of Small Unmanned Aircraft / Zur Sensordatenfusion für integrierte Navigationssysteme unbemannter Kleinstflugzeuge“
The first versions of kinematics we use, where written in the Japan languages but currently they wrote also a English description.
Or work was written in German but the figures and schematics are self declaring. So i will you send an copy to you to.
For the use with Paparazzi we have to use a power micrcontroller like the STM32F4.
I am wokring wiht this processor. An ollimex arduino
pcb is going on for 30 Euros (STM32F4-Discovery about 15 Euros).

Heinrich

Therfore more information of errors

Chris Gough schrieb:
Heinrich,

Did the RTK solution work at more than a few meters per second? I thought pure GPS carrier phase ambiguity resolution didn't work with a moving GPS, something like supplementary inertial measurement was necessary.

If the thesis is in English, can I have a copy too please?

Chris Gough