Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Mabotix sonar module (on fixedwing)

From: Hector Garcia de Marina
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Mabotix sonar module (on fixedwing)
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 15:47:11 +0200

Hi Tilman,

I have tested this kind of sound devices in fixed-wing and I had exactly the same behavior as Chris.
I have to say that I expected really noisy signals, but after all there were not any
recognizable pattern (at least "computable" with a microcontroller in real time).

Nevertheless, I you are taking off/landing from a smooth runway (a sufficiently long), you can
still employ it for the flare during the landing.

Héctor