[Paparazzi-devel] Non-blocking module code

From: Gareth Roberts
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Non-blocking module code
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 23:46:05 +0100

Hi all,

I've written a module to reset an xbee via AT commands every 5 minutes (yes, I'm back to the 868's...).

https://github.com/blutack/paparazzi/blob/v3.9/sw/airborne/modules/xbee_resetter/xbee_resetter.c

It's working well, but the problem I'm using sys_time_usleep to block for a second to allow all in-progress transmissions to clear out, and then another second long block to wait out the guard time.

Two questions:
- Am I correct in assuming there are no threads & the module code is blocking the main event loop (thereby making landings potentially interesting)? - If yes, is there a relatively safe way to stop the AP code transmitting on the downlink, so I can allow the event loop to continue & re-implement the module using counters?

Many thanks,
Gareth