Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Magic values

From: Tilman Baumann
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Magic values
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 16:02:22 +0100

I added a wiki page for this airframe
http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Bixler

On 18/06/12 23:56, Felix Ruess wrote:
Hi Tilman

since we don't really have one standard airframe setup for beginners I would propose to make the Bixler that one (with Lisa/M 2.0 and Aspirin 2.1). I added a really simple no-frills example for a Bixler: https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/blob/v3.9/conf/airframes/examples/bixler_lisa_m_2.xml The gains are not tuned (I don't have a Bixler), so this is just a start... you also need to make sure the servo defines are ok for your airframe.
I'll be happy to update that example if you have a known-to-work config...

It is probably better for you to start with a basic setup before you start adding/using some additional options and picking random stuff together from other airframe files... So in that example the IMU, AHRS and control runs at the default 60Hz. You can do better if you increase that, but that adds more complexity in configuration...

About the aileron diff... I guess it is nice but probably not really needed in most cases (I didn't add it in the example to limit confusion).

The adaptive control is not especially documented so far, but you probably don't gain that much by using it if you don't have an airspeed sensor... To use it you would have to specify the type="new" for the control subsystem.

It would be really nice if we could get _one_ example setup that is know to work really well. The Bixler is probably a good choice there, but the drawback is that probably none of the really experienced Paparazzi's has one? But it should be similar to an EasyStar (but with ailerons). Would be good to update that example with your final tuned values once it flies well so the next one with a bixler doesn't have to start tuning again...

I also added a section about the default LED assignments on Lisa/M 2.0: http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Lisa/M_v20#LEDs You can of course change these via the configure options, but there is probably no need for that....

Anyways it would be good to get some input from some fixedwing people on a standard setup...

Cheers, Felix