[Paparazzi-devel] YAPA 2

From: Chris
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] YAPA 2
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 19:49:04 +0300

I just installed my first YAPA 2 autopilot and it took my no more than 5 minutes to setup
all peripherals.
I don't know why but i like this design very much, everything is pluggable and the mounting holes
are very helpful.
One thing that can be improved is to have a couple more outputs from the onboard 5v regulator. It has the Paparazzi design GPS, the BMP085 barometer, the sparkfun 6dof IMU (ppzuav compatible) although i do think that the ppzuav IMU was better because of the magnetometer, a current and voltage sensor (i use 10 lipo cells), the ppm encoder and some other stuff. One thing i noticed is that the setup is so much easier than say one year ago.
I do have a couple questions though:

1) can i use the IR adc channels for other uses?
    I do use them for current and voltage sensing and they seem to work ok
    but i haven't actually fly the plane yet.

2) Does the autopilot code support 10 rc channels, the code looks like it can but i am not sure.

Chris