[Paparazzi-devel] Problem with QUAT heading in AHRS subsystem

From: Sergej Krukouski
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Problem with QUAT heading in AHRS subsystem
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 14:33:54 +0200

Hallo!

I use the Booz hardware with int_cmpl_quat as AHRS subsystem.

I’ve calibrated mag on the imu, so with the euler AHRS my rotorcraft is perfect stable.

For the quat AHRS I filled up AHRS_H_X, AHRS_H_Y, AHRS_H_Z from the NOAA site and use the same calibration data as for euler.

But I found out following problem: the heading angle is unstable. When I rotate the rotorcraft too fast, the yaw (psi) angle follows too slow the body and the rotorcraft becomes unstable (in HOVER_Z_HOLD mode).

What could I do wrong here?

Thanks!

Sergey