[Paparazzi-devel] platform for agricultural multispectral imaging?

From: Troy Benjegerdes
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] platform for agricultural multispectral imaging?
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 11:36:07 -0500

I'd like to find out what sort of configurations (airframes, camers, etc)
other paparazzi users have used for multispectral imaging. I've got a farm
and for what it would cost me to get a single satellite image, I could put
together quite a nice RC/uav setup with a camera.

I've played with an ARdrone1 a little bit, but the ultrasonic altitude
sensor gets kinda confused by 5 foot tall corn, and the built-in camera
resolution is pretty low.

I might be interested in hacking an ARdrone2.0, and pointing the HD camera
toward the ground, but only if I can get Paparrazi running on it instead of
the stock firmware.

Any other thoughts, or comments from someone who's done this?

Troy Benjegerdes                 'da hozer'                address@hidden
7 elements Farm                                         TerraCarbo biofuels

An Engineer is a man who can do for a dime what any fool can do for a dollar.
-anonymous

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~ Winston Churchill

The challenge in changing the world is not in having great ideas, it's in
having stupid simple ideas, as those are the ones that cause change.