Re: [Paparazzi-devel] circular polarized antenna hype

From: Reto Büttner
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] circular polarized antenna hype
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 10:31:14 +0200

Hi Tilman

This weekend I sucessfully tested my setup over 25 km (10 km more than
last time):

- 2.4 GHz XBee Pro
- 14 dBi linear polarized patch antenna on the ground station
- Standard whip antenna (just the 1 inch wire) on the aircraft. The
antenna vertical, perpendicular to the ground plane and in free air
(not in the fuselage nor near to any other disturbing objects).
- 9600 baud
- Default telemetry

If you want to be able to loose line-of-sight to the groundstation
consider DroneCell:
http://store.diydrones.com/DroneCell_p/br-dronecell-01.htm
Be aware of legal restrictions concerning flying out of sight.

Cheers, Reto