[Paparazzi-devel] I2C question

From: Sergej Krukowski
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] I2C question
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 12:20:45 +0200

Hi guys!

Is there is everything ok with the STM32 I2C version on v4.0? I have a strange behaviour with the lisa_test_hmc5843 program. When I simply read sensor data, it is apparently right, but the axes sequence rolls over in a cycle. Also when I make I2CTransTxRx from the first sensor register address 0x03 there is no roll over, but the axes are in a wrong direction, x(or y), z, y(or x). And only when I read from 0x07 (first Z axis register) address, sensor Z axe seems to be in a right place, however I’m not really sure about other two.

And also, why do I have to set i2c_trans.len_r = 7 when I want to read only 6 register? The same is with the WHO_I_AM register, I have to set i2c_trans.len_r = 2 for a right behaviour, otherwise i2c_trans.status never becomes I2CTransSuccess.

Thanks!

Sergey