Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Communications through serial port

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Communications through serial port
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 19:46:57 +0200

Hi Jorge,

1) Is there anyone that can help us with the configuration needed on the airframe file so that the paparazzi communicates to the ground station through a serial port?
or
Does anyone has a working airframe file that uses direct communication through serial port?

Not quite sure what you mean by "direct communication through serial port". A serial cable instead of wireless xbees for testing on the ground?

2) I know that there is a way to connect the paparazzi directly to the computer without using the Xbees. How can you do that?

Just plug a cable (mind the 3.3V) instead of your xbees... e.g. http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Serial_Cables

In that case you should make sure that you use the "transparent" and not the "xbee_api" protocol.
See http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Subsystem/telemetry

3) How can I change the COM ports that the Paparazzi uses to communicate? What are the options available?

On the ground segment side?
Just pass the appropriate device to the link agent with the "-d <device>" option.
e.g. default is usually
  sw/ground_segment/tmtc/link -d /dev/ttyUSB0

Hope this helps.. I'm afraid I didn't fully understand where exactly your problems are..

Cheers, Felix