Re: [Paparazzi-devel] lisa m and ppm input

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] lisa m and ppm input
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 16:03:33 +0200

Hi Gerard,

no worries..
You basically got it right. It depends if it is a fix for a stable branch or a bigger new feature.
In general you should make a new clean branch based on the one you want your work to be merged into.

E.g. for a fix which should be merged to the stable v4.0 branch:
- make a new branch based on the upstream branch you want it merged into later:
  git checkout -b <fix_foo> <upstream_remote>/v4.0
- hack away and commit (or cherry-pick if you have already existing fixes somewhere else)
  git add <fixed files>
  git commit
- push the branch to your own repository:
  git push <personal_remote>  <fix_foo>
- make a pull request on github

For smaller immediately applicable features you can just replace v4.0 by v4.1 above and make a pull request for that preparation branch.

Otherwise substantial new work should normally be done in a feature branch based on the development branch (master).

Cheers, Felix