Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Krooz - the new Paparazzi compatible, , Autopilot

From: MRSA
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Krooz - the new Paparazzi compatible, , Autopilot
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 10:07:38 +0200

Hello,
I made a few OSDs with the max chip and the LPC2148.
It is connected to the serial port between the autopilot and the modem.
It decodes some paparazzi messages and displays it on the video.
I can share that code if you want.
It has some limitation though : it is limited to a few messages and if you
want to change something you need to reprogram it separately from the
autopilot.
It would be much nicer to configure the OSD through some xml files and that
it is configured at the same time as the autopilot.
I see two ways of doing this : either control directly the max chip from the
autopilot microcontroller (in my opinion this is the cleanest way) or add
some specific messages that control the OSD (so instead of decoding let's
say the gps message the OSD board will decode a message that says "print
this string at that position" or "clear the screen" etc.).
If we decide to control the max chip from the autopilot microcontroller
there is a breakout board at sparkfun that could be used :
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9168
I think we should decide carefully how to make that xml file. The rest isn't
really difficult...
Cheers
Cédric