Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Problems with Serial Communication

From: Gerard Toonstra
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Problems with Serial Communication
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 23:02:03 -0300

Jorge,

Check that you receive messages in the message console. See Tools | Messages. When you get data there, the link is working.
The most important thing to appear there are the aircraft / flight plan lines and symbols. If you don't see those, something is amiss.
the background tiles only appear after you click the globe symbol in the same window, top right. Not sure if a position fix is required
prior to tiles loading however.

I had one issue on ubuntu on my netbook that the gcs remained totally empty. I resolved this by using the xfce window manager in ubuntu,
rather than unity.

Rgds,

Gerard