Re: [Paparazzi-devel] 4-Dimensional Trajectories (4DT)

From: Chris Gough
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] 4-Dimensional Trajectories (4DT)
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 22:53:49 +1100

Im only just starting to learn about  ADS-B. When my budget SDR kit arrives
(hacked tv tuner dongle) I'll start sniffing the ADS-B and TCAS traffic with a
copy the protocol specs, to try to get my head around them.

With regard to commanding 4D trajectories, obviously the ATC should only
command trajectories that the aircraft is capable off, and where possible,
minimize disruption to it's mission. Do you imagine there would be an naive
exchange of messages to discover the vehicle's characteristics (speed limits,
remaining range, altitude ceiling etc), environment (wind, temp, humidity etc)
and objectives? Or do you think that the ATC should work from prior knowledge
about aircraft characteristics and telemetry logs?

Chris Gough