[Paparazzi-devel] 5v pulse required for CHDK on Lisa/M2

From: Gerard Toonstra
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] 5v pulse required for CHDK on Lisa/M2
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 19:22:40 -0300

Hi all,

I think I'm nearing the point where I can start some test flights with my setup.

I'd like to use a camera to take pictures. In my case that's a Canon with CHDK extensions.
When the software detects 5V at the USB port, it triggers a picture to be taken.

I'm connecting this to one of the ADC's, but the voltage is 3.3v and not enough to trigger
the camera. I've verified this using a 3.3v supply from an arduino. So I definitely need a higher
voltage.

Is there any other pin I could use that does output 5v, which is configurable in the dc_cam module,
or can this only be solved by inserting a level shifter?   If a level shifter is required, what
are recommended components / boards?

Regards,

Gerard