Re: [Paparazzi-devel] 5v pulse required for CHDK on Lisa/M2

From: Christophe De Wagter
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] 5v pulse required for CHDK on Lisa/M2
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 09:07:50 +0100

Use e.g. a 2k to 20k Ohm resistor connected from USB+ to 5Vusb to pull it up. Use any N-MOSFET transistor (e.g. bss138) with its Gate to any paparazzi IO pin, its Source at Ground and it's drain at the USB+ pin, pulling it to zero when the io pin in paparazzi is higher than 0.7 volt.

If you have no Fet but have a bipolar NPN transistor around (like a bc547) then you just need 1 extra resistor of about 10x more ohm in between the paparazzi board and the NPN.

Another solution we use most of the time is a bipolar optocoupler switch instead of a MOSFET. Then there are no copper connections between the noisy camera ground and the autopilot/GPS/modem ground for optimal telemetry and gps signals.