Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Fwd: YAPA connection?

From: Christophe De Wagter
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Fwd: YAPA connection?
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 11:16:21 +0100

Dear Iman,

This figure is correct IF the sub-D9 pins connector is a female and plugs in directly into your computer rs232-card. If you use a cable, it could be a null-modem cable (which swaps pins) and if it is a male connector, then it is also reversed. In any case, the blue line is sending data from the yapa (lpc_tx0 = TX from the perspective of the yapa code = bottom right pin = from yapa to PC = soldered to the output driver of the rs232 chip on yapa).

At the modem side there are 2 connectors:

A) a 2mm pitch 20-way connector to hold the XBee. The Bottom left pin is the XBee 3.3V and just next to it (pin2) is the XBee-data-out or the xbee->lpc pin and called RX1 as it is routed to LPC-Rx1 pin.

B) a 100mil 6-way standard header: The square pad is the ground. Just next to that is the LPC-TXD1. This is routed to the LPC uart1 transmit pin, thus SENDING data. TXD1 thus is an output and should be connected to your 3.3V FTDI cable's yellow wire, the ftdi input.

http://paparazzi.enac.fr/w/images/Yapa2.pdf

Does this clarifies everything?

Sincerely,

-Christophe