Re: [Paparazzi-devel] some drives

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] some drives
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 00:50:05 +0100

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks a lot Eduardo!
Can you please provide this as patches or even better via a pull request on github in the future?
Just dropping some files somewhere is rather cumbersome...
That would be great!

I committed (to v4.1) your ms5611 additions with some minor changes to not break existing configs:
* in the BARO_MS5611 message you want the actual measurement, not the baro_altitude
* made the MS5611_SLAVE_ADDR configurable from the airframe file didn't change the address
  -> why did you change it from 0xEC to 0xEE?

The bmp085 code is exactly the same as we already have in Paparazzi...

From a quick glance at imu_universal, it doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
Why should it be better to use a single subsystem/file to support all of these
and then enable specific bits in the code via more defines.
Instead of just making more readable/maintainable separate drivers for them?

Didn't check the rest... yet...
Separate patches/commits make it more clear which changes belong together and to what purpose.
Pull requests offer nice review/comment/discussion features.

Cheers, Felix