[Paparazzi-devel] Molex PicoBlade: pre-crimped wires or DIY?

From: Simon Liebold
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Molex PicoBlade: pre-crimped wires or DIY?
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 18:38:14 +0100

All,

I got my hardware already a while back but just now I am starting
putting the parts together. I found it really complicated to crimp those
tiny 1,25mm Molex crimps onto the wires. My crimper is supposedly for
"Molex" crimps but probably only for the larger kinds.

Survey: Did you buy the pre-crimped kind (pricey!) or did you manage to
crimp them properly on your own? If the latter what tools did you use
(crimper, magnifying glass, really calm hands,...)?

Simon