Re: [Paparazzi-devel] px4 autopilot and paparazzi

From: Tilman Baumann
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] px4 autopilot and paparazzi
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 18:07:17 +0000

On 29/01/13 17:18, Luis Carlos wrote:

hi everyone......its possible to porting the paparazzi code to the pk4 autopilot?? in this case please help me waith instruccions for this...

There would be two ways to do it.
Either bare-bone. Just port to the new hardware. (Similar or same CPU AFAIK)

But what would be really cool would be to run ppz as a application in NutX. We could even get the FBW/AP split back by running in two processes. Not sure if that would bring any insurmountable problems. But in any case, it's far from trivial.
(Ardupilot has done this)

But really, I'm just having a rainbow shining out of my arse right now. I can't even contemplate the effort or required steps in any detail. I just hope someone picks up the ball and runs with it.
I just want Paparazzi on this hardware really badly. :D

The PX4 software is developing quite interestingly as well. I like what I see, but I think it will take a very long while for that to get anywhere near ppz case of features and reliability.
The stack looks sweet though. Could get used to that...

Cheers
 Tilman