Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Questions about stability of lisa-l in quad rotor

From: Stephen Dwyer
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Questions about stability of lisa-l in quad rotor
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 14:03:35 -0700

Hello,

As far as choosing between Lisa/M and Lisa/L, it depends on your needs. The code running on each is the same, so it is more your preference based on the application, required peripherals that may or may not be onboard, etc. However, Transition Robotics is currently selling finished Lisa/M v2.0 units, while Lisa/L is much harder to come by (besides the aforementioned pcb availability at PPZUAV). In addition, there are many more Lisa/M devices around (especially in the hands of developers).

It is hoped that soon a Gumstix breakout board of sorts will be designed and released to easily interface with Lisa/M and other autopilots, reducing the need of having one onboard Lisa/L. Not sure if this will influence your decision.

Not sure if that helps or just makes it more confusing. Hopefully the former.

Thanks,
-Stephen Dwyer