Re: [Paparazzi-devel] px4 autopilot and paparazzi

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] px4 autopilot and paparazzi
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 00:13:37 +0100

Hi Sergey,

Yes, generally you are right. However there was some specific issues.
What do you mean with a generic fashion?

In the beginning we had only Lisa/L as stm32 autopilot board, then came Lisa/M with slightly different stm32f1 version and different pin assignments in some cases.
Now that we get even more different ones with the F4 (krooz, px4, discovery board) it would be probably nice to move some defines to the board files to get rid of some of the #ifdefs in the architecture dependent files. So rather than making pin/timer/etc. assignments bases on the arch (f1/f4) and some other remap/board defines, specify this properly in the board files.
I haven't taken a close look so far, but I'm sure we can figure something out to make this more "generic" (at least for most cases).

I tried to follow the most common syntax and structure rules, but so far I was the first with doing this, some implementations I've chosen myself.

Of course... that's totally fine. It looks pretty good at first glance :-)
Some minor style hints: NO tabs, only 2 spaces (to be consistent) and source files should not be executable...

However the Paparazzi is developing with the lightning speed, so sometimes my code could not be really up to date with the paparazzi branches.

Well, not fast enough for my taste, there is still so much to do ;-)
But seriously: integrating your changes into the "official" codebase would also save you some work as we could update everything together.
And we could add an example airframe with the krooz to the test builds...
And of course others could benefit from your work more easily as well :-)

Cheers, Felix